Stone has a Master's degree in Psychotherapy from Wilfrid Laurier University. He is a Registered Psychotherapist under the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO). He received his Bachelor's degree in Psychology from the University of Waterloo. Stone works full-time at Empire Psychological Corporation in Hamilton, Ontario. Stone has 1500+ hours of clinical experience working with individuals and couples.
Stone has a strong interest in psychedelics-assisted therapy (e.g., psilocybin mushroom, LSD, MDMA, Ketamine). Psychedelics are game-changers in treating depression, addiction, and PTSD (Trauma). He offers psychedelic integration sessions and psilocybin trip guide. He is working towards being certified as Psychedelic-Assisted Therapist with the Integrative Psychiatry Institute (US). For more info on psychedelic services, click here.
He specializes in depression/anxiety, PTSD, childhood trauma, self-esteem, over-pleasing, emotional awareness, emotional regulation, attachment theory (dynamic maturational model), relationship/family conflicts, parenting difficulties, ADHD, productivity and life organization, psychedelic integration, mindfulness, transpersonal psycology, and spiritual emergence.
He also has clinical experience with a wide range of other mental health issues like bipolar disorder, borderline personality, porn and sexual addiction, substance addiction, obsessive-compulsive behaviors, learning disabilities, grief and loss, etc.
Stone integrates Internal Family System to help individuals access deeper levels of their consciousness to understand their conflicting/ambivalent thoughts, feelings, and behaviours.
He also specializes in couple therapy using the Emotionally Focused Therapy approach. EFT is one of the best approach for couple communication and intimate connection. He helps couples explore their deeper, more vulnerable feelings, and learn how to share them and validate each other's deeper feelings. EFT also has a highly effective apporach to repair attachment injury like affair, betrayal, and other trust issues. Stone has accumulated a lot of experience counselling single parents, LGBTQ couples, separated couples, and blended families. He also draws tools and exercises from the highly practical Gottman approach. Additionally Stone has been trained in Sex Therapy to help couples with sex issues.
· Attachment, Neurodevelopment and Psychopathology, Dr. Crittenden, 30 hours
· Psychedelic-assisted therapy (July 2021 - May 2022), Integrative Psychiatry Institute, 150 hours
· Attachment Injury Resolution Model
· Sex Therapy, University of Guelph, 36 hours
· Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy - Core Skills 1-4, 70 hours
· Emotionally Focused Therapy Externship, 36 hours
· Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Level I, 36 hours
· Vipassana: Body Scan Mindfulness Meditation, 10 Day Retreat
· Mindfulness-based Therapy
· Spiritually-Integrated Therapy
· Family Therapy
· Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
· Addiction: Shame, Co-dependency & Attachment
· Professional Studies & Ethics
· Practicum (Counselling Skills, theories, case studies)
· Suicide Prevention
· Embodiment, Healthy Shame and the Corona Virus
Couple and Family: 650 + hours
Ongoing supervision：150+ hours
(includes AAMFT supervisor; clinical psychologist)
Ongoing personal therapy：50+ hours